The Real Estate Trust, a supporting organization of Silicon Valley Community Foundation, manages gifts and subsequent sales of real estate. It provides a simple way for you to make a meaningful gift to charity that can help you attain a level of giving you might not have thought possible.
For many people, the single most valuable asset they own is real estate. However, many overlook it as a resource for supporting their favorite charities. Donating real estate can bring you financial and personal rewards.
Consider the multiple advantages of donating real estate. You can:
- Unlock the charitable potential of the full appraised value of your property.
- Let the Real Estate Trust handle the sale of the property.
- Support your favorite nonprofits and give back to the community.
- Create a meaningful legacy.
By donating property through the Real Estate Trust at Silicon Valley Community Foundation, you can accomplish many goals – and have a lasting impact in the community.
The Real Estate Trust accepts the following types of real estate donations:
- Single family homes
- Undivided interests in real estate
- Vacation or second home properties
- Undeveloped land
- Agricultural land
- Rental properties
- Apartment buildings
- Commercial office properties
- Commercial retail properties
- Commercial industrial properties
Once you have decided to make a gift of real estate, the Real Estate Trust will help you decide which giving option would be right for you. Find out how other Bay Area families have transformed their real estate holdings into charitable legacies.